 Pirates / 137
Re: Phleet Photos Phublished
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 00:37:52 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:
If anything, I think its enhanced by the B&W.  Not only does it reduce the
pic to very realistic colours, but it also gives it that WW2 reconnaissance
shot feel.

   Thanks for the kind words--and for mentioning the B&W as a positive.
   I'd wondered about that possibility (which has the added benefit of
   offsetting the odd colour scheme of those early ships) of "aging"
   the photo--if possible I'll try to "sepia-tone" the next batch to
   make it more of a WWI feel than a WWII, since the pattern-ship is
   the actual HMS Indomitable of 1909, *very* loosely translated from
   its 1921 appearance.

And the Torpedo boat looks cool too - can we see some more :-)

   I have to get some more film (from the "bad camera," of course)
   developed, but once that's done, there should be plenty.  It's
   three rolls, so there should be a few useable pieces there.  The
   better colonial cruiser, a few more sailing ships, and a later
   (c.1930s) cruiser will also be on those.  Hopefully by the weekend
   they'll be up.

   best,

   LFB