 Pirates / 131
Re: My fleet is (emphatically not) bigger'n your fleet!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 16:16:31 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

_The Art of War_ makes that one of its central tenets--not the "manhandle the
horses" thing, but "don't hit them where they're strongest".  Wheel out the • long
carronades and circle 'em with sloops!  Arrr...1588 all over again.

I can perhaps understand the horses--after all, there's only one pirate wench.

LFB.

Them carronades be throwing a big ball a short ways.  Good fer poundin' in
close.  "Long carronades" be what they call an oxymoron (I be an eddicated
pyrate).

Cap'n Redbeard