 Pirates / 159
Re: Pyrate Wackos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:56:05 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:
Bruce Schlickbernd wrote in message ...

Ah, but you are using Lego in a fashion more to the conception of what it
should be: build and display.  Wackos like Frank and myself are using them • as
miniatures for gaming.  I assure you, my stuff doesn't look half as nice as
yours.

I aspire to become a wacko.  I'd front up and join in the game, but the
travel is a bit of a bore.  At this end of the information decade, there has
got to be a way for Pirate Wars to go virtual ........

I wouldn't depend on Steve Jackson showing up, just snag the rules, get some
people together (or shang-hai the neighborhood kids) and play.  Steve Jackson
Games is often represented at the local gaming con, but The Pirate Game seems
to be associated with science-fiction conventions.

If anyone's near NJ, I'd give it a go.

LFB.

Let's see where we all are. Maybe we could find a centrally located
hotel where we could convene and Pirate our Arrrrses off. (Sadly I'm
limiting this to the continental US of A. A central location that
included our Aussie mates would be in the Pacific somewhere.(1) That
would take a lot more planning and a LOT more Spouse Butter.)(2)

I'm in Newport News, VA (lower right corner)

SteveC

(1) NOT that meeting in Hawaii would be impossible. But if I go to
Hawaii I'm not planning to lock myself in a conference room for days at
a time with a bunch of people like, uh, myself...
(2) Spouse Butter is a Registered Trademark of Spouse Butter Substances, Inc.