 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4255
Subject:
LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 22:13:28 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
>All,
>
>It is with great pleasure and enthusiasm that I announce the new LEGO
>Auctions! Check out the new area of the online LEGO Shop at
>http://shop.LEGO.com/eBay.
>[snip]
>- We will be auctioning Santa Fe Super Chief locomotive sets #0001-
>0010 over the next few weeks, starting with #0001.[snip]

(!!!) whoah. This strikes me icky.

Didn't the top response to polling on this at lego.com suggested the
same?

Who will receive the money generated? LD?
(LD will certainly benefit in plenty of other ways...)

I don't know much about limited editions, but, it seems kinda broken to
have held those sets back from real customers when they were advertised
as 10,000 available.

Sorry, but, I've just never seen this kinda thing.. I've probably just
been in the dark - I'm not a collector - but it disturbs me to see LD
generating their own collecting interest. I know we could all
consciously choose to not bid, but that's unlikely to happen (esp. given
what you've got the power to offer).

:-[

:-\

-Suz (who's rummaging for her S@H catalog now)

Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)