 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4291
Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 00:05:10 GMT

<snip>
I'm not sure I was trying to make a point, but we do see things
differently. And that's "okay" :-)

I was more curious as to whether or not there's a large number of
readers here that feel as I do, and I wanted to make my feelings known.
But I appreciate your perspective too. I see your points about fairness
for collectors and LD's keeping their interests in mind.

-Suz

I agree with you, Suz.  There is an uneasy feeling in my stomach.  The reason
why is because throughout the years, despite feelings to the contrary, LEGO was
always first and foremost about PLAYING.

This is the first step towards LEGO as COLLECTIBLE, something you buy in mint,
keep sealed, and hope it goes up in value.  I know there are a lot of
collectors out there who do just that, and thats fine I guess.  But I always
like the idea that LEGO the company didn't care about that sort of thing, that
they maintained the utopian ideals of playing and having fun.

But as long as they are still selling regular old sets, with regular old pieces
apt for playing and having fun, then I don't really care what some collector
nut is spending on his lego.  I rest assured that TLG will not mistake what
some will pay for legos is what most will pay, thus keeping prices down.

peace and freedom
-lenny

http://www.crimethinc.com