 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4264
Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 06:08:18 GMT

One was a Statue of Liberty set (I paid almost twice retail, but it was for a
good cause).
One was a white-jacketed display minifig (there were 6 auctioned in all, 3
different kinds).

I can't believe I account for nearly 1/4 of the auctions to date ;-)

BTW, JAKE, if you offer display figs again - get some WIMMIN!  I need a
redheaded ponytailed minifig to represent my wife ;-)

Jake McKee wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jeff Jardine writes:
I'm curious about the previous nine items sold by seller 'lego-direct:'

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=lego-direct

All nine items are no longer in ebay's database.

These were one time charity auctions that we posted shortly after the
September 11 tragedy, as money raising effort for the Red Cross and Twin
Tower Fund. You may remember that there were some large display mini-figs,
couple of sculptures, and a Behind the Bricks tour of LEGOLAND California
(which included a custom bust sculpture of the winner).

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Senior Producer