 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4283
Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 17:14:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On Wednesday, April 3, 2002, at 03:54  AM, Tim Courtney wrote:

Yep.  I think its obvious LEGO Direct is doing well as it is.  If they
weren't, we wouldn't see all the cool newer stuff like the Super Chief
begin with.  If LD was doing things wrong and not right, how would they
have
gotten the funding to go out on a limb and design a totally new product
like
that?  LD has their act together, IMO.

For the record, I feel that LD makes brilliant marketing moves. And with
the Super Chief, they are carving out a whole new market. It's
impressive to watch.

I think what upsets me and offends me much more than these auctions is
seeing members of this community slam LEGO for this.  If I were the one
who
posted this announcement after working hard on the program, I'd be a
bit put
off.  I have no idea how Jake or others at LEGO Direct feel about it,
but
I'm speaking from my own perspective.  I hope they let it roll off and
focus
on what they do best.

I too hope LD employees don't take consumer comments personally.

But I see publicly slamming LEGO here as counterproductive and terribly
embarrassing for this community.

I don't see 'public slamming' going on here so much as I see honest
consumer reaction, which is largely what this newsgroup is for.

-Suz