 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4322
Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:52:45 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Rick Clark writes:
I don't know. I would say that the quick sellout of the 10,000 numbered
sets shows pretty clearly that there is a demand for LE numbered sets.

How did you determine these sales were due to the "limited" nature of the
set, and not due to the excellent quality of the set?

Once you have established that, suppose Lego were to release a "limited" set
every month -- do you think the appeal of the "limited" sets would sustain,
in that case?  (My experience in various toy markets for a few years
indicates a "No" answer.)

Kevin