 General / 40682
40681  |  40683
Subject:
I still prefer the 8862 backhoe. Much better IMHO!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 05:01:33 GMT

Check out this backhoe with 9(!!) pneumatic cylinders:

Meh.

The 8862 backhoe is better, in my opinion.

I like how it uses a mix of pneumatics and gears+axles.

I love the solid chunky tires of 8862, and they fit much better a heavy
tractor than the air filled balloon tires of 8466. (Which *do* fit a sports
type vehicle, from which they do happen to come from , 8466 Off roader and
8457 Power Puller.)

Plus, 8862 is made of a heap of good ole technic bricks, which look more
"lego" than liftarms, when it comes to bodywork. (I *do* appreciate
liftarms, especially in tight spaces, but not when they're overused for
vehicle body work)

If only 8455 came with an air tank, but it doesn't look like it, as many
pointed out. My 8862 is currently outfitted with one, which was easy enough
to incorporate, having a nice spot reserved for it in the cab next to the
pneumatic switches.

*yawn* The 8455 is just a huge bunch of pneumatic cylinders, nothing else
interesting really.

The fire truck, however, looks somewhat original, depending on the unknown
feature that nobody knows anything about. If it is a water pump, then Lego
got my money RIGHT THERE. :-)

Sorry for having a quite different opinion than the rest. :)