 General / 40468
Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 01:33:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Guerquin writes:
In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:

As for the fire truck, it is a little different from the standard red fire
trucks we see on the streets: that's because it's an airport fire truck,
which are usually that yellow/lime green color.

Really?  See the link near the bottom of this post.  I think a lot of them
are still traditional red, or often bright yellow.  Just my opinion, I
really can't back this up with any data.

I would bet that the truck
contains a neat mechanism in the back, in addition to the 6 wheel steering.

Mechanism to do what do you think?  I figure the two knobs on top control
the front and back steering separately.

While I'm not crazy about the color, it is realistic, but I'll wait to pass
judgement on it once more info is available.

I agree we need to see more pics... but so far the impression it leaves with
me isn't very satisfying.

Examples of actual airport fire trucks:
http://www.e-one.com/Cool_Photos/2000/LAX.jpg
http://thunder.prohosting.com/~arff-2/arff/waltek/06.jpg

I would wonder the same of these as I did of one of Larry's pic examples.  Are
these just bad color pics of yellow trucks.  Especially your 2nd example.
On my monitor here at home it looks very nearly like standard bright LEGO
yellow.

Here is a great site with tons of pics.  Most of the vehicles are red,
yellow or white.  Again, color pics on the net can lie, but honestly, the
yellow ones look yellow to me.  I think the green, as Larry mentioned may be
a current trend or fad.  Boy, I hope it passes quick.

http://www.airportfire.com

All the best,
Allan B.