 General / 40482
Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 07:28:30 GMT

Wow.  I'm not sure the trend has been as popular in Southwestern Ontario.  I
can honestly say I say my first lime green rescue vehicle just today.  Weird
timing, I know, but then that's life for you.  And no, the ambulance did not
stand out very well against other traffic, or the fresh blanket of snow we
got in the last couple days.  If you ask me, it would have been much more
visible painted bright white with bright orange stripes and detailing.

Must be something wrong with your eyes.  Extensive studies have shown that
this optic green (think that's the name) is the most visible color over a
wide range of viewing conditions.  Red is a really bad color in the dark and
at twilight.  Most new fire and rescue vehicles are this color these days.
The only problem with being so visible is that it's hard to hide how ugly a
truck looks when painted this color.