 General / 40462
Re: Tech not dead
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 00:48:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
Check out this backhoe with 9(!!) pneumatic cylinders:
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-8455

Or this 8-wheeled fire truck with 6 steering wheels:
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-8454

And there are more technic sets:
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/lego.cfm?StartRow=70

Duq

Wow! 9 cylinders, that's unprecedented, It's also the same number as on my
AK912 crane. The thought of adding pnumatics to the shovel on the original
JCB had crossed my mind before.

Jonathan Wilson's right, the lack of beams is appalling. The firetruck isn't
that bad in my opinion. It looks like a childs toy, which is exactly what it
is. I think the reson for each new set being designed differently is that
Lego have catered for a large demographic. The fire engine is more of a
beginner's set and the backhoe more of an advanced set, with the
construction vehicles being the 'baby' sets.

As far as the fire truck goes, in my opinion the colour and styling are
right, and I like the 8 wheel steering and fancy wheeltrim paint.

Steve