 General / 40460
Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 00:33:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
Or this 8-wheeled fire truck with 6 steering wheels:
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-8454

This is a disaster.

Frankly, I don't even see a fire truck in that picture.  If you removed the
label and asked people to identify it, I'll bet you wouldn't get 'fire
truck' as your first answer more than 1/2 the time.

It looks a lot like an airport crash truck (a kind of fire truck) to me.
Right down to the low slung body and fat all terrain wheels. The sickening
lime green color is all the latest rage in crash truck colors, apparently....

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/2065/deptinfo/crash/crash.html
(shows that ugly color but not the 8 wheel design)

http://www.oshkoshtruck.com/ (shows a movie of a very similar truck although
it's only 6 wheel, if you click on the first thumbnail below the movie screen)

http://www.oshkoshtruck.com/htm/air-muni/striker45001.cfm (this could be our
model... 8 wheels, stylised shape, dark blue transparent color windscreen, etc)

But as a model, this crash truck... it's nowhere near as good a model as the
backhoe, I'd opine. That one's magnificent. So ya, I agree.

++Lar