 General / 40501
Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 20:09:22 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
In lugnet.general, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
Check out this backhoe with 9(!!) pneumatic cylinders:
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-8455

Looks familiar in some way:
http://www.lotek.nu/creations/backhoe/index.html

(OK so they're both yellow and backhoe's with the large wheels).

I will probably get one of these, at least for the pneumatics.

I hope it's a Technic turntable in the back of that thing for the backhoe.

I hope it's not.

A long pin or two vertically seperated hinges will work much better than a
horizontal turntable.

A hinge is often preferable in applications requiring a rotation of less
than 180 degrees.

The strenght of the hinge on a JCB backhoe is demonstarted when one JCB backhoe
lifts itself into the air with it's arm and another JCB then drives
underneath it.

Steve