 General / 40476
Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 04:11:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Øyvind Steinnes writes:

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELETE-TO-REPLY@apotome.com> wrote in message

This is a disaster.
Frankly, I don't even see a fire truck in that picture.  If you removed • the
label and asked people to identify it, I'll bet you wouldn't get 'fire
truck' as your first answer more than 1/2 the time.

Well, not a disaster. Airport firetrucks (some one mentioned crash trucks,
is that the same thing?) does not always looks pretty. They dont need to,
they only need to go fast over all terrain and be efficient.  :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to give the wrong impression.  I'm quite fond of the
'real' crash trucks.  I think they are a wonderful blend of function vs.
form.  They are superbly rugged looking... something the LEGO model lacks
woefully.

It wasn't the type or style of truck that I was complaining about, rather it
was the way in which this type of truck was rendered in LEGO.  Based on the
backhoe I honestly believe they could have done better with the ARFF.

This makes me all the more interested in rebuilding a crash truck that I
started about 3 years back.  I had a large yellow 4 wheeler that I was quite
happy with, other than all of the upper equipment and fine details.  I will
have to revisit that project and see what I can come up with.

All the best,
Allan B.