 General / 40505
Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 23:56:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
A few observations about the new sets (now I've had the time to have a
better look).
First the fire truck. I've seen enough disaster movies to immediately
recognize it as an airport firetruck. The color, oh well, maybe I'd prefer
yellow or dayglow orange.... There are definitely two knobs on top. Back and
front steering independently would be very unlikely on this kind of vehicle,
the second knob to control the hose makes much more sense.

Maybe it controls the hose arm on top?

From the size of
the vehicle there must be something interesting inside.  From what I can see
in this picture it looks unlikely the cab or the back will open up. There
are two things I can't work out in the picture: what's that blue thing
between the wheels,

Looks like a hose.

The Backhoe grader. I'm afraid there won't be an airtank inside. Just look
at the size of the cab. There must be at least five pneumatic
valves/switches (outriggers, front up/down, front tip, back up/down, back
tip), maybe six (an extra for the back).

I'd say definitely 6.

With the amount of hoses that'll
take I don't think there'll be any space for a tank.

Very unlikely. But I don't think you need a tank when you're using the
manual pump.

Interesting bits in
this picture: the one red piece of tubing in the back, I wonder what's the
significance of that.

Looks like ordinary flex hose to me - dunno why it would be red.

As for the small construction vehicles: I'll get those in a flash as soon as
they hit the shelves. Even if there's hardly any new parts in them for me, I
think they're very well done: they're just cute. And Lego should be
encouraged to make more of this....

I agree! These sets look great for younger technic builders to start on!

ROSCO