 General / 40459
Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 00:18:56 GMT

Or this 8-wheeled fire truck with 6 steering wheels:
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-8454
That firetruck... Ugly would be an understatement :)
Releasing sets like that is NOT the way to get me to reach for my wallet.
The 3 small mini sets look acceptable though.
As for the backhoe, its got some good points (the large quantity of
Pneumatics for one) but the worst point is that it doesnt have any beams.
Compare and contrast with a set like the 8431 Pneumatic Crane Truck which
uses a fair wack of beams. Its going to take more than some interesting
looking wheels, digger buckets, and a bunch of pneumatics to make me want
one lego.
Give me beams, plates with holes and all the other stuff that makes a set
like the 8431 crane (yes I do own one) so good and mabie I will buy.
Untill then, there is always second hand parts and borrowing stuff off my
friends :)