 General / 39492
Re: Why sets receive a ZERO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:32:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.general, Richie Dulin writes:
My first measure is the price/piece - whether on ebay or new. I have an
upper limit, beyond which I will not purchase (although I'm always prepared
to reassess my upper limit), and I have a working limit, beyond which I will
not purchase, unless the set contains particular parts/figs (eg I'll pay no
more than 15c/part for a used pirate set, but if it contains a blue coated
soldier or two (or certain other elements), then the purchasing limit will
be raised).

I always figured that no matter how good a set is, if I could by three other
poorer sets for the same price and could come up with something much
grander, then why the heck buy the overpriced set?

And getting blue-coated soldiers (red are harder, actually) for the right
price was simply a matter of patience.

Indeed. Patience can save a lot of money.

(Also, be aware that my 15c/part limit is Australian cents. 15 US cents way
too much:-))

Richie