 General / 39477
Re: Why sets receive a ZERO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 05:26:24 GMT

Before anyone says this is ridiculous, I would point out that here in
Queensland, we operate our tertiary admissions system on this basis.

We do this for meat grading in Australia -
we have a system were meat graders are regularly correlated with a common
eye group to ensure that all graders are calling the same results for the
same appearance of carcases.

Hmm, I see a lot of potential for expanding your organisation's efforts from
carcases to live animals, to be specific, tertiary applicants. Given the way
the parents moan about all the statistical moderation that takes place, I think
a lot of them would be far happier if we just brought meat graders into the
schools and applied objective criteria (height, weight, colour consistency,
building time -- parents to advise, being Timmies or Jar Jars,  etc).

Kerry