 General / 39464
Re: Why sets receive a ZERO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:13:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.general, Kerry Raymond writes a really neat statistical analysis
thingie which I snipped:

My question here is "What are you using this information for which requires
such analysis?".

Use the information? Well, I guess you could.

But it's information, it is a thing of beauty to be treasured and preserved
for the benefit of future treasurers and preservers. A thing to be analysed
to learn deeper truths.

But you *could* use it:

The information is scorecard to be held up for your favoured set, and
confirmation of your low opinion of the set you most loath.

The information lets you see into the mind of the mob, to make sure the mob
agrees with you, and to make sure you agree with the mob.

Look into the statistics, and they will set you free.

<pause to make sure everyone's nodding>

But not much use for purchasing sets, no.

Richie