 General / 39426
Re: Why sets receive a ZERO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 18:42:44 GMT

one example: Lego Star Destroyer 10030: http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10030
the zero was there before they even began to be shipped, and they still haven't
shipped to the states.. soooo...

Perhaps it is a valid reason.  I don't think very many folks around here are
morons.  No moron could survive the LUGNET signup process.  ;)

perhaps not a moron.. perhaps a vindictive meanie.

perhaps give all sets a rank based on rankings, but not just taking into
account the average.. such as where most of the marks lay. (ex: all 100's and
90's, and one or two 10's or 0's.. obviously something is wrong) or perhaps
people should always have to give a comment as to why a set is at a certain
level.

-lenny

As well... what would your solution to this problem be?  Would you like to
see the zero rating removed?  Should every set, no matter how good or bad,
get a minimum 10 rating?  Or, like in some judged sports, should we remove
the highest and the lowest rating in order to better average out the
remaining votes?

Regards,
Allan B.