 General / 39440
Re: Why sets receive a ZERO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 23:27:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.general, James Brink writes:
Is there any way to make the rating public? The votes must be linked to the
voter somehow in the database. Could links be set up on the 100-0 scale to
let people see who voted 100, 90, ..., 0 for the set. Maybe people would
vote how they actually felt instead of trying to skew the results if they
were somehow held accountable for their vote. Just an idea...

A very good idea.  I'm not sure how much screen real estate would be
required, but this would certainly keep people honest.

If it was done so that those interested could click on a rating, and that
would bring up a list of everyone that gave that rating, it need take up no
extra space at all...

I tend to check the database for stuff that I'm interested in buying (either
new or on e-bay), but I pay far more heed to the comments than I do to the
ratings, because I know who said what (and the comments tend to have
additional useful stuff as well).

Cheers

Richie Dulin