 General / 39478
Re: Why sets receive a ZERO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 05:33:47 GMT

But not much use for purchasing sets, no.

On the contrary, I have used it for precisely this purpose. Having come out of
a long Dark Age, many themes (or subthemes) came and went in those 30 odd
years. Since then, I read LUGnet and see all the people going on and on about
Forestmen or Western etc. So, I think to myself that maybe it would be fun to
look out for some sets from that theme on ebay in order to experience their
delights and educate myself accordingly. Since I am probably not going to
acquire many sets from these past themes, I figure I might as well go after the
best ones rather than the poor/average ones, and LUGnet's ratings are a useful
indicator for this purpose.

However, I am comparing the ratings within a theme, and not comparing them
between themes (which is pretty much bogus for purchasing purposes).

Kerry