 General / 39434
Re: Why sets receive a ZERO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:27:06 GMT

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELETE-TO-REPLY@apotome.com> wrote in message
news:H5qnsF.2ru@lugnet.com...

<snipe>
I would say there are a number of non-moronic reasons that someone might
rate a set a zero.  But in the overall scheme of things, I'm not sure it's
creating a problem.  Two zeros for some of these sets really doesn't • reduce
the overall rating that much when many of the other votes are 100.

I'm still curious though, what do you see as a solution?  It's o.k. to
criticize (trust me, I'm an expert) but it is also appropriate in a case
like this to offer an alternative solution.  Any thoughts on how to • rectify
the "zero problem"?

All the best,
Allan B.

Good post.  I agree that some people over rate sets.  But when the majority
of the ratings of a set are either 100 or 90 then I don't see how that same
set
can receive a 0.  I would bet that those who rate a popular set a 0 don't
own that set.  If they did, I would like to read why that person rated it a
0
in the comments section.

I would like to see a system where the top rating and bottom rating are
thrown out.
Similar to what is done in diving and ice skating scores.  And depending on
how many
total ratings a set gets will determine how many of the top and bottom
ratings are thrown out.

Ken