 General / 39419
Re: Why sets receive a ZERO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 16:29:53 GMT

"Ken Godawa" <kengod@y-comm.com> wrote in message
news:H5pqzu.Mq1@lugnet.com...
I'm curious on why so many of the popular sets receive a "zero" rating.
It just doesn't make any sense.  Unless it's a valid reason, these ratings
should be thrown out.  Either these people are jealous or
complete morons.

Where are these ratings taking place?

Without seen the rating system mentioned I can say that there is a way to
get this rating better. Like IMDb (Internet Movie Database), there you can
see how many that have given a specific rating score. In IMDb there are
ratings from 0 to 10 where 10 is highest. As someone said in this thread,
some rate 0 just of childishness, and other probably rate max just of
excitment of a new film. So to REALY analyze the voting, you have to see
which rate has got most votes and where the other votes has gone.
To just take the average of the votes can give a wrong images of the rating.

Just a though.....

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes