 General / 39422
Re: Why sets receive a ZERO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 17:24:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ken Godawa writes:
I'm curious on why so many of the popular sets receive a "zero" rating.

Can you give an example of one othe "popular sets" to which you refer?  I'm
just curious to know which ones we're discussing.

It just doesn't make any sense.  Unless it's a valid reason, these ratings
should be thrown out.  Either these people are jealous or
complete morons.

Perhaps it is a valid reason.  I don't think very many folks around here are
morons.  No moron could survive the LUGNET signup process.  ;)

As well... what would your solution to this problem be?  Would you like to
see the zero rating removed?  Should every set, no matter how good or bad,
get a minimum 10 rating?  Or, like in some judged sports, should we remove
the highest and the lowest rating in order to better average out the
remaining votes?

Regards,
Allan B.