 Castle / 5880
Re: Making Pikes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:51:41 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:

Ok, I am away from my legos, so I can't test this, but tell me what you think,
cause after all, I seem to be famous for my makeshift weapons.  How about if
you did this.  Take a lance, turn it around, and put two 1x1 round bricks of
the same color on the handle end.  Then insert a silver dagger (from the
underwater lego sets) into the top most 1x1 round brick.  How's that?

--Anthony

I had a good time tinkering with Lego (okay, okay, playing with Lego, stop
twisting my arm) last night.

Best visually sans color is the lightsabre with a spear in the other end.  No
huge out-of-proportion pieces.  Is there a black lightsabre blade?  Gray I have
a few of, but mostly the transparent ones.  I suppose I could chop up matching
spears and then I'd only have the chrome lightsabre handle, but I could live
with that.

Not too bad was the toilet-plunger with 1x1 round with spear.  Made 'em all
black and this worked reasonably well.  A fraction shorter, but quite
servicable.  Replacing the spear with a katana works even better since the hilt
covers the rest of the hole in the 1x round, but it makes a better naginata
than pike.

Anthony's trick above produces a nice pike tip, but a real-top heavy look.  The
lance is quite long, so the length is okay.

Lopping the blade and reverse spike off a gray halberd produces a slightly
longer spear that could be servicable as long as you don't mix them with
halberds in the same unit (which of course, is what they often did).

The two-handed over-hand body-sideways thrust pose looks great except it kinda
prevent a second rank standing close.

I'll have to see about the plastic tube/rod from the hobby store when I get a
chance.

Bruce