 Castle / 5880

Re: Making Pikes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:51:41 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:

Ok, I am away from my legos, so I can't test this, but tell me what you think,
cause after all, I seem to be famous for my makeshift weapons.  How about if
you did this.  Take a lance, turn it around, and put two 1x1 round bricks of
the same color on the handle end.  Then insert a silver dagger (from the
underwater lego sets) into the top most 1x1 round brick.  How's that?

--Anthony

I had a good time tinkering with Lego (okay, okay, playing with Lego, stop
twisting my arm) last night.

Best visually sans color is the lightsabre with a spear in the other end.  No
huge out-of-proportion pieces.  Is there a black lightsabre blade?  Gray I have
a few of, but mostly the transparent ones.  I suppose I could chop up matching
spears and then I'd only have the chrome lightsabre handle, but I could live
with that.

Not too bad was the toilet-plunger with 1x1 round with spear.  Made 'em all
black and this worked reasonably well.  A fraction shorter, but quite
servicable.  Replacing the spear with a katana works even better since the hilt
covers the rest of the hole in the 1x round, but it makes a better naginata
than pike.

Anthony's trick above produces a nice pike tip, but a real-top heavy look.  The
lance is quite long, so the length is okay.

Lopping the blade and reverse spike off a gray halberd produces a slightly
longer spear that could be servicable as long as you don't mix them with
halberds in the same unit (which of course, is what they often did).

The two-handed over-hand body-sideways thrust pose looks great except it kinda
prevent a second rank standing close.

I'll have to see about the plastic tube/rod from the hobby store when I get a
chance.

Bruce

Re: Making Pikes
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Best visually sans color is the lightsabre with a spear in the other end.  No
huge out-of-proportion pieces.  Is there a black lightsabre blade?

The Star Wars A-Wing has two of them in black.

JohnG, GMLTC

Re: Making Pikes
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Best visually sans color is the lightsabre with a spear in the other end.  No
huge out-of-proportion pieces.  Is there a black lightsabre blade?

The Star Wars A-Wing has two of them in black.

Even longer, the little Xteam hangglider has some slightly longer ones in black
as well...they might work even better, not sure.

JohnG, GMLTC

Re: Making Pikes
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Best visually sans color is the lightsabre with a spear in the other end.  No
huge out-of-proportion pieces.  Is there a black lightsabre blade?

The Star Wars A-Wing has two of them in black.

JohnG, GMLTC

I believe the Emperor's cane is also one in the SW Sith figure pack.

John

Re: Making Pikes