 Castle / 5893
Re: Making Pikes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:44:50 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Robert-Blaze Kanehl writes:

I believe the large Asain style spear/axe polearms are shurikens...I could
be wrong though...

No, those asian polearms are Naginata.  Shuriken are those little pointy metal
stars everyone loved in the mid-80's.  They can be seen painted on the torsos
of most Lego ninja, tucked in their belts.

As an aside, Naginata are often disparaginly referred to as a "woman's weapon",
because apparently they were often used by unskilled warriors, like wives, who
were left behind to defend the homes and land.  At least, that's what I've
heard.

eric