 Castle / 5866
Re: Making Pikes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:01:19 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
I need some pikes for my medieval/renaissance armies and I was wondering what
solutions others have used, the standard spear being too short for a pike.  I
thought of shaving off the axe blade from the gray halberd, which leaves a
longer spear, but it has that clunky squared off section, and a pike should be
longer than a halberd in any case.  I can get a long enough effect with a • spear
mated to a lightsabre, though at the cost of a rather unsatisfying color
combination.  Any suggestions?

Fake it. :)

Have your minifigs standing sideways in the pikewall, so that the "pike" is
angled down through both their hands.  In the upper hand, have them holding a
spear, with as much extension as they can get.  In the back hand, have them
holding an antenna rod, or a solid 'lightsaber blade', so that the shafts line
up.  Might not stand to a close inspection, but from a distance it should
definately look cool.

James