 Castle / 5924
Re: Making Pikes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 15:38:43 GMT

How about using the straws that come in the pod racer set or the gungan patrol,
cut to length, take the pneumatic tubing, cut to a 5-10mm length, and a spear.
The tubing should be able to join the spear and straw.  Cutting the tubing
should be perfectly legal (after all, Lego tells you to cut to length), and as
for the straw, I believe it should be legal also.

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
I need some pikes for my medieval/renaissance armies and I was wondering what
solutions others have used, the standard spear being too short for a pike.  I
thought of shaving off the axe blade from the gray halberd, which leaves a
longer spear, but it has that clunky squared off section, and a pike should be
longer than a halberd in any case.  I can get a long enough effect with a • spear
mated to a lightsabre, though at the cost of a rather unsatisfying color
combination.  Any suggestions?

Bruce