 Castle / 5890
Re: Making Pikes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:54:44 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mike Rayhawk writes:
In lugnet.castle, Eric Joslin writes:
Why not use a lance for the grip part, and attach a spear to the other
end?  If the minifig holds the lance "backwards", the handle would give
ample opportunities for connecting bit to hold the spear.

This is a lot like what we did when we needed to make Japanese spears for a
game a few months ago, we reversed the lances and attached sabers to the butt
ends (rather than spears).  You can find pictures of them at
http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/games/n-setup.htm

To be completely fair, this is exactly what I was thinking of when I made that
suggestion.

And no, faced with someone weilding a claymore, I'm not going to call him
unsophisticated, or make fun of haggis, or suggest that he might be overly
thrifty.  I would probably just back away slowly.

eric