 Castle / 5871
Re: Making Pikes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:20:43 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
I need some pikes for my medieval/renaissance armies and I was wondering • what
solutions others have used, the standard spear being too short for a pike. • I
thought of shaving off the axe blade from the gray halberd, which leaves a
longer spear, but it has that clunky squared off section, and a pike should
be longer than a halberd in any case.  I can get a long enough effect with a
spear mated to a lightsabre, though at the cost of a rather unsatisfying
color combination.  Any suggestions?

If it doesn't offend anyone's Lego purism, I would suggest 1/8" styrene rod
stock, available at many hobby stores in 12" inch and/or 36" lengths.  I've
seen them in white, black, dark grey, as well as a few translucent hues, and
they fit minfig hands and can easily be cut to scale length and honed with a
pencil sharpener.

While that would certainly offend people's sense of purity, it is a good idea,
of course there is a "pure" solution, take some of that thin flex-tube and cut
it to appropriate lengths. I think it can be found in grey or black. One would
want to figure out some way to get a spearhead on the end

Frank