 Castle / 5896
Re: Making Pikes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:23:40 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tony A. Rowe writes:

I personally wouldn't be disparaging when referring to the Naginata.  With the
length of a bo (staff) and a wide, cutting blade like a sword... it is not a
weapon to be taken lightly.

To be clear, I didn't say *I* referred to the Naginata disparagingly as a
"woman's weapon".  I am quite aware of the damage one of these things can do in
the wrong hands.  For more information, play Kyoshiro in Samurai Showdown III
on the Sony Playstation.  I know I did.  A lot.

Besides, to be honest, I would never scoff at the rage of a woman, or her
ability to viciously and systematically destroy anything she set her mind to.

eric