 Trains / Train Organizations / TCLTC / *108 (-100)
  Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: I'm steamed...

(...) That's funny! And yet sad;-) JOHN (17 years ago, 9-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: I'm steamed...

(...) Well, after building my Hiawatha last year I threw in the steam engine towel for a while. The locomotive ran fine at home, but couldn't take the bumpy track we have at shows and it dirtied the track like no tomorrow. Then I saw what you and (...) (17 years ago, 9-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: I'm steamed...

(...) Thanks for the NMRA Steam Roster, Benn! It's really nice to have it all at one glance. Makes one wish there was some sort of LEGO Steam Engine link list somewhere (is there?)... but I don't wish there was one because then someone would suggest (...) (17 years ago, 7-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: I'm steamed...

(...) Well it would have been great to see your steam engines in person, but there were still a few steam engines on hand. Here's a quick review of most of the ones I saw. Click on the thumbnail for a larger image, and click here for the (URL) Full (...) (17 years ago, 7-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: You Suck - was ...Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

(...) I must say it's a very fun event, but two of the highlights of my 2006 event were when I was walking around Kjeld STOPPED ME to say hello. Then, a short time later, Tormod did the same. And, while LafLRC hasn't been a part of the AFOL display (...) (17 years ago, 2-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: You Suck - was ...Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

(...) Well, FLL 2005 was when I got to finally meet Kjeld, and a whole host of TLG folks.. Soren Lund, Jorgen Vig, Paal Smith-Myer, Tormod, of course, Steve Witt comes with many new products for us to build and display, and my supervisor about 3-4 (...) (17 years ago, 2-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: You Suck - was ...Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

(...) It's a fun, crazy time. The atmosphere is full of energy, and it's just cool! And the people who are there besides what's become the 'gang' - me, Scott, Bryan Bonahoom, Steve Hassenplug, and now Tommy Armstrong - are really great! And I won't (...) (17 years ago, 2-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: You Suck - was ...Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

(...) John, you should have been there in 2005, when we had an on-site LEGO store at FLL!! That was crazy...I won't tell you how we did in sales, but I think it made TLG look at the potential of one-shot on-site stores. If you tag along as a (...) (17 years ago, 2-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

(...) Gosh darn it. All these people having fun across the country without me, how depressing. NMRA looked like it was a fantastic event, I'm exceedingly jealous of everyone who was able to attend. I've never been able to attend an event as a (...) (17 years ago, 2-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

(...) Here's my pictures as well: (URL) Flickr> I've also set up a Flickr group called (URL) at NRMA> if anyone want to contribute pictures from the Detroit show or any NMRA shows from the past. See you all at Anaheim! --Mike. (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: You Suck - was ...Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

(...) (URL) the Greeeeeen Machine!> (that's Ross on the far right) A very stout, defensive bot with a virtually 100% reliable double-ramp. They were the LAST team selected by the top seeds:-) JOHN (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: You Suck - was ...Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

(...) Ooo. What team is he on? Jamie was and David is on team 904. We played on Archimedes in Atlanta. That was my first time at the championship. What a mind-blower. Steve (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: You Suck - was ...Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

(...) Doood! I had no idea:-( Well, hopefully they will make it to the finals again this upcoming year! Then I'll know to say something. Heck, I'll even tag along as a chaperone:-) JOHN (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: You Suck - was ...Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

(snip) (...) John, Ross came to Atlanta for FIRST finals...where Joe Meno, Tommy Armstrong, and myself were there..and you didn't tell us?? now you suck... ;) Scott (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

(...) I would have loved to have gone, but I just couldn't get away from work right now, and I had to travel to NJ for my niece's birthday--Jonathan, apparently, weather was causing a lot of havoc on the air travel system.. my flights on Saturday (...) (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: You Suck - was ...Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

(...) i'll chime in at this point to reiterate those feelings. thanks for letting me hang around the layout and abuse your hospitality. it was great meeting both you, ross and jonathan for the first time. you're nowhere near as nasty as janey said (...) (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

(...) "This one goes to 11!" I had a blast as well (travel issues aside, of course - gotta love Northwest). It was great meeting and talking with everyone. Huge thanks to John and Ross Neal for letting me be part of their layout and Chris, Steve B., (...) (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

(...) Ahh, and here I am pointing out that very tree: (URL) (...) Oh, and here is a pic of me showing off her handiwork: (URL) (...) Yes, and here is a sweet pale yellow building of hers: (URL) (...) (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: You Suck - was ...Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

(...) I guess Ross forgot to mention to you that he is a member of a FIRST robotics team that went to the nationals in Atlanta this year. Oops. (...) Bon Appetit! (Hi, Pierre, Deb!) (...) My motto: "The louder, the funner". Also: "Hey Hoover; you (...) (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  You Suck - was ...Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

John, once again it was a BLAST seeing you and Ross. I had a nice time meeting and seeing so many new people, and sort-a new friends I met from Brickworld. I cant speak for janey (who can really?) but I think we both had a fun time hanging and (...) (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!

Wow, was the ILTCO National Convention ever a BLAST this year! It was great to renew friendships that have been forged over the years and to make new ones, and the camaraderie among LEGO trainheads just keeps getting better. For you (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !!

  Re: Rebuilding the TCLTC site

(...) Ooh, no worries! :-) Looks like Kevin is going to keep Brickshelf going, and we will become paying customers, so the site won't need restoring after all. Brilliant! JOHN (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: Rebuilding the TCLTC site

(...) Thanks for the reassurance, John. I'm glad that we won't be losing your creations for good. I can hardly wait to see them IRL at NMRA. :) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Rebuilding the TCLTC site

With the sudden disappearance of Brickshelf (which hosted nearly all of our images), our web site has been temporarily devoided of images. We are working to restore them, so please be patient while we undergo this arduous task! JOHN (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  LaCrosse Train Show Wrap-up (Late!)

Wow- It's been 2 months since our last show, and things have been so crazy that I never did a write up about it:-/ Now, let's see if I can remember back that far! Well, from our standpoint, the show went very smoothly. The layout was our largest to (...) (17 years ago, 20-May-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: Anyone free for dinner on Wed. May 16, 2007?

(...) Oops:-/ Hey, Paul- Been away from LUGNET for a while and missed your post. It would have been nice to meet up, although it wouldn't have worked out on Wednesday for me anyway-- I had a gig already. Next time, though! JOHN (17 years ago, 20-May-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Anyone free for dinner on Wed. May 16, 2007?

Hi, all.... I'm in Minneapolis for a convention through Wednesday afternoon, but my flight back home leaves at 9:15 pm. Is anyone in the downtown area (I'm staying at the Millenium) who would like to meet up for an early dinner or a drink? You can (...) (17 years ago, 15-May-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.people)

  More buildings for NMRA in Detroit

Hi All, I completed 3 more building facades completed for Detroit. I think I have two more to go and then I am done. A few highlights: Maerske blue (I used quite a few of the 1x6 inverse slopes to get the 1x1 striping effect in the facade), dark (...) (17 years ago, 23-Apr-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc) !

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:JF5zLD.4DC@lugnet.com... [snip] (...) John: Thanks for posting the picture. The brown building looks so sweet! Tim (17 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

Hello, I added a new folder to my brickshelf account for the buildings I am working on and planning on bringing to Detroit to show on the TCLTC layout in July. It is here: (URL) far I have 5 buildings done (they are facades only) and, I think, 5 (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc) !!

  Re: TCLTC showing this weekend in La Crosse, Wisconsin

(...) Hey, Dave- It was our pleasure! Glad you guys made the trip out. You really did a nice job on the 3110; it makes me want to go back and finish up the one I started a few years ago. When I do, I'll know where to go to find some AW artwork;-) (...) (17 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC showing this weekend in La Crosse, Wisconsin

(...) John: It was great to see you and Ross this weekend. Thanks for letting Stacy and I run my new train on the layout. I was really excited to see it run. :-) Nice work on the Hogwarts Express too. Stacy really liked that one. You can check out (...) (17 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) :-) (URL) HERE> is a pic of the revision taken at our train show exhibition this past weekend. Thanks again! JOHN (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  TCLTC showing this weekend in La Crosse, Wisconsin

Come and see the TCLTC (and the GMLTC, for that matter) at the 26th Annual La Crosse & Three Rivers Railroad Club Train Show at the La Crosse Center in La Crosse, Wisconsin this weekend (Sat 10-6, Sun 10-4). We will be working out the kinks in our (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:JErwnp.I0@lugnet.com... (...) Great! I'm looking forward to seeing it. Your buildings have given me much inspiration in the past so I am honored to be able to "give back" a bit. :-) Tim (17 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) Hey, Tim- I took your advice and moved the door-- I'll have pics after our upcoming show this weekend. Thanks again for the suggestion! JOHN (17 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) Thanks, Tim. That's good advice. I'll see what I can do. JOHN (17 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New! Trolley Redeux (Pics)

(...) Wow.. beauty in simplicity. Those are my favorites :-) Spotlighted. ///stripes/// (17 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: January Update (was: Re: December Update)

UPDATE #4 ===...=== Things are shaping up. Aside from greebling, the Thomas modules, along with the fountain module, have been completed. There are a few minor projects left to go on the layout; they include: Greebling, greebling, greebling rebuild (...) (17 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:JDu4uz.Kq4@lugnet.com... (...) John: I really like the buildings. Two suggestions on the small building: (i) you might want to consider offsetting the front door to one side and putting another window (...) (17 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  New! Trolley Redeux (Pics)

As I mentioned (URL) here>, I have revisited my original (URL), and have made VAST improves to it (actually, it ended up being a complete rebuild). (URL) Cut to the chase pics here> Revisiting MOCs is something I rarely, if ever, do. Heck, I often (...) (17 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX) !

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) You could put a technic 1x1 brick with pin behind the headlight bricks to add some security. Not behind each one but maybe every other one or two (or five)? I did that on this firehouse from 4 or 5 years ago. (URL) I didn't go as high with the (...) (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) Sorry I don't quite get what you mean here. I'd like to try this technique but my brain is not seeing how you do this. Do you have any pictures of the WIP or illustratioins of how these go together? (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) Oh, yeah, you've done the same thing. I like it. It's a great effect. Now, I have interlocked the brown with my tan to keep the front face sturdy, but I don't see how you can make the headlight bricks any sturdier-- what more can they bind to (...) (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) Being an old hand at this (i.e. before LEGO saw the light): (2 URLs) may I suggest using bigger bricks just next to the headlight bricks, and interlock them inside the building? You won't win any interior design awards, but it will keep you (...) (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) As the bumper sticker says, "mean people suck" >:-( (...) Hope it was a good one (or two;-) (...) Thanks, Jonathan. I really only want to impress you:-) As for the sides; it's kind of a sketchy building technique. The corners are simply 1x1 (...) (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) I noticed these on Brickshelf before seeing the post here. I think you did just fine with the name. Made me LOL when I saw it. I'd attempt to offer additional ideas but a nasty email from a licenesor has fried my brain already this morning. :/ (...) (17 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

Very nice, especially the signs ; ) God Bless, Nathan (URL) (17 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(URL) We have lengthened the Thomas section of the TLCTC layout, and so we needed to build a few more buildings to fill in the gap. Nothing earth-shattering here, but I did have some fun with them: The Chinese characters used on the Chinese (...) (17 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: 12 wide Mister Rogers Trolley

(...) lol, We'll see:-) (...) Thanks. I think I can field the RCX question-- there are 2 light sensors pointing down on the track. They will see a white plate laid down on each end of the track which will tell them to cut power and reverse. You'll (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 12 wide Mister Rogers Trolley

(...) And so it begins.....You'll have to change your corner store to the 12 wide Emporium. I loved Mr. Rogers as a kid and it was mostly due to Trolley and the Land of Make Believe. This is a very nicely done model, as usual. I'm curious as to how (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: January Update (was: Re: December Update)

UPDATE #3 ===...=== Oh baby are we behind schedule:-0 (...) Back burnered. (...) Yikes. We need to get to work, but the time isn't there. We gotta BEAR DOWN! :-) JOHN (17 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  12 wide Mister Rogers Trolley

(URL) I (URL) posted> an in-progress pic of this MOC before Thanksgiving (which I see I dumped; don't remember doing that). In any event, we've finished it and have finally taken some pics of it. My initial post covers the main points, but I wanted (...) (17 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  James & the Express (pics)

Now that Ross has created three lines on our Thomas section, we needed a little more variety in our trains. Previously, we had only powered a Thomas and a Percy. So, Ross powered up James and built a couple of express coaches for him: (URL) Nothing (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  January Update (was: Re: December Update)

UPDATE #2 ===...=== Well, Christmas break is over, and although we didn't finish as much as I had hoped, we still made good progress. (URL) HERE> are some pics of the reconstruction of the Thomas modules, and (URL) HERE> is a video showing it in (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: Trock Trick!

(...) Uh, well, someone had to buy the stuff in the first place.... :-) JOHN (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Trock Trick!

(...) Thanks Dave. Our mission is two-fold: The Thomas end has stuff flashing, turning, bubbling, smoking, moving and such in order to please the shorter crowd. We even run the Thomas trains directly on the tables for easier viewing. We'll also have (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Trock Trick!

(...) "We" = "Ross" <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Trock Trick!

(...) Nicely done! I like the direction that you're taking the layout--more interesting automation and stuff! Dave K (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: December Update

UPDATE #1 ===...=== (...) COMPLETED (...) IN PROGRESS (...) COMPLETED (...) IN PROGRESS (...) IN PROGRESS (...) IN PROGRESS (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: Trock Trick!

(...) :-) The concept was first bandied around the GMLTC years ago-- we just "made it happen". JOHN (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Trock Trick!

(...) Clever boy:-) (...) The nice thing IRL is that train shows tend to be very noisy and the annoying sound just blends in.... JOHN (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Trock Trick!

(...) You are a tricky tricky man. Very well done. Chris (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Trock Trick!

(...) Two trains? P.S. I hate what the helicopter does to the video- but I'm sure it's cooler IRL. Tim (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Trock Trick!

(URL) HERE> is a video of our final test of our newly designed Thomas modules we set up in our basement. I think we'll leave them set up this way permanently. The video is on YouTube and is almost 2 minutes long and about a 10 MB file size. See if (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !

  Re: Jonathan Lopes to display on TCLTC Layout for ILTCO Convention (was: Re: Manhattan's Engine 14)

(...) I'm in agreement with Ondrew. I'm really looking forward to the layouts. I'm not yet sure if I will be able to participate, but I will make it out to see the all the creations for at least one day. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: Jonathan Lopes to display on TCLTC Layout for ILTCO Convention (was: Re: Manhattan's Engine 14)

(...) Please do! (...) Sure. If you have any specific requests, please let me know. Maybe we can also have that lunch we missed at Philly togather . . . Best, Jonathan (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: Jonathan Lopes to display on TCLTC Layout for ILTCO Convention (was: Re: Manhattan's Engine 14)

(...) Thanks! I wish my pic showed the BBB wheels better. They really look sharp. Thanks also for the pic of the prototype. (...) I'm really looking forward to this too. I promise not to bring that lot on Faile Street - or create a new lot to bring. (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: Jonathan Lopes to display on TCLTC Layout for ILTCO Convention (was: Re: Manhattan's Engine 14)

(...) i agree! very cool idea. i'm sure i'll be barrowing it sooner or later. (...) This totally kicks butt. I’m really happy to see this collaboration. This year’s show is going to be HUGE but seeing this type of thing happen tells me it's going to (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: Jonathan Lopes to display on TCLTC Layout for ILTCO Convention (was: Re: Manhattan's Engine 14)

(...) Dude! I wondered when (URL) you'd> chime in:-) JOHN (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: Jonathan Lopes to display on TCLTC Layout for ILTCO Convention (was: Re: Manhattan's Engine 14)

(...) Hey! That's my diner! ;) "Big Daddy" Nelson (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Jonathan Lopes to display on TCLTC Layout for ILTCO Convention (was: Re: Manhattan's Engine 14)

(...) Sure, but first, great work! The BBB wheels nail that arch design nicely! And here is a pic of you and Ross so graciously posing in front of it (they both protested greatly after I kept (URL) taking pics of them together>:-) (URL) Well, for (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Manhattan's Engine 14

Hello, I have completed yet another NYC firehouse. (URL) This one from 17th street in Manhattan. I had walked by this firehouse many times and always thought it had way to much detail to be recreated in Lego. I guess it would help if I had a picture (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: From the TCLTC Proving Grounds....

(...) You are correct (as it is placed in the video). I think my Ross got a little lazy there with that render. Nice catch:-) JOHN (17 years ago, 26-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: From the TCLTC Proving Grounds....

(...) get power to all 3 tracks via the points? ROSCO (17 years ago, 26-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: From the TCLTC Proving Grounds....

(...) Hello, Dean- Light sensors. We have found that a solution based on timing rarely works out in these applications because there are too many variables which muck it up. Check out these images to see how he did it: (2 URLs) Funky, indeed:-) JOHN (17 years ago, 26-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: From the TCLTC Proving Grounds....

(...) ABSolutely! First, just to be clear, I have nothing to do with the Mindstorming in our club-- it is all done by my son Ross (except acquisition;-) He made a couple of images for me to post that should help you see how he's doing it: (2 URLs) (...) (17 years ago, 26-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: From the TCLTC Proving Grounds....

(...) Funky. Is this done via input sensors or just timed output? (18 years ago, 25-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: From the TCLTC Proving Grounds....

(...) Hey I really like that. any chance you will be sharing the details (eg code?) on how it all works so we can benefit from all your hard work? jon (18 years ago, 25-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  From the TCLTC Proving Grounds....

(URL) Here> is a video on YouTube showing Ross' preliminary work on adding a third line to our Thomas modules (all being controlled by an RCX). The switches will be hidden; all that will be visible will be the other half of the loop, like (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Old MOC; New Twist: Pics and Video

(...) That is sweet! Great job, Ross! I look forward to seeing this IRL. . . Jonathan (18 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: Old MOC; New Twist: Pics and Video

(...) Cuss, apparently, the video I uploaded only worked on my computer:-/ So I tried again and uploaded it onto (URL). I could've either save it as a 2.8 Meg file or a 99.7 Meg file, so I chose the smaller, but the detail suffers a bit. But you can (...) (18 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Old MOC; New Twist: Pics and Video

When I first announced this MOC (URL), I promised better pics to come. Finally, here they are, with a twist: (URL) for more pics>> This also was Ross' first time behind the camera, which explains the profusion of pics-- and this doesn't include the (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.build, FTX) !

  Re: December Update

(...) I'm really looking foward to seeing that 12 wide stuff Tim (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC Layouts Rendered in Sketch-up

(...) Wow, that's really nifty. Can you imagine how cool an entire NMRA 3-D layout model would look? Naturally the next question would be: so when are you going to add some trains? However I suspect I already know the answer: "Ross has been working (...) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  December Update

Okay, it appears that 2007 is shaping up to be a busy one for the TCLTC. We have decided to attend BrickWorld in Chicago and bring the layout as well. So, we will have LaCrosse in March and BrickWorld in June to tune up for Detroit in July. We have (...) (18 years ago, 12-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC Layouts Rendered in Sketch-up

(...) Your wait is over:-) I (URL) pics> by the same name. Ideally, you'd want nice, perpendicular shots of your buildings from the front and sides to create the best effect-- Ross had to use some pretty bad shots to get these, but I think they (...) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC Layouts Rendered in Sketch-up

(...) It appears rippled because it is rippled in the photo from which it was taken. There was no intentional rippling (I think that's a 5 yard penalty and a loss of down!) JOHN (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: New TCLTC Web Site: LUGNET!

Great idea! Not only will that keep your LUG site updated, it will also make it a lot easier to get in touch or ask a question. Also nice to see your faith in the mother LUG- Lugnet. God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC Layouts Rendered in Sketch-up

(...) This is definitely cool. It's a much clearer way to see the table layout than you can easily get from viewing a photo. I like the way the banners around the table look slightly rippled. Was that intentional, or is it just from using a photo of (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC Layouts Rendered in Sketch-up

(...) That's very cool. I can't wait to see the finished product with the buildings. I've used CAD programs before to study the relationships between buildings on the (MichLTC) layout from various perspectives. Nothing as graphically fancy as what (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  TCLTC Layouts Rendered in Sketch-up

I'm not sure how or why, but one day Ross started fiddling around with (URL) SketchUp> and suddenly he's rendering all of the iterations of the TLCTC layout. Apparently you can stretch pics across the 3D blank spaces, and you can get some cool (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  New TCLTC Web Site: LUGNET!

The new home of the TCLTC is....LUGNET! That's right; we've pointed our (URL) www.tcltc.org> domain to (URL) our LUGNET NG page> and are using it for our web site. I have seen other LTCs simply provide a link on their NG page to their web site (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX) !!

  Re: LIFE Story on model Railroading includes LEGO pic

(...) Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I don't normally read the 'Life' insert and had to pull it (with the rest of the paper) out of the recyling bin. That's a keeper. Thanks again. -Mike Petrucelli (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: Check Out the Upcoming issue of LIFE Magazine

(...) Hello, James- I started another thread about this (URL) (to include the NG .mediawatch). Schleim on! JOHN (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Check Out the Upcoming issue of LIFE Magazine

(...) My dad got called me this morning. In today's (Friday, Dec. 1, 2006) Kansas City Star newspaper there is a LIFE magazine insert which feature an article about the NMRA LEGO Train Club show. Ross' name is given. I don't know all the details, (...) (18 years ago, 1-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  LIFE Story on model Railroading includes LEGO pic

As I mentioned (URL) earlier>, LIFE did a story on the NMRA National Convention in Philadelphia last summer which we in the ILTCO used as the venue for our national convention as well. Well, I thought the story was going to appear in the monthly (...) (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Meet Me in Manhattan

While on vacation visiting relatives in New York for Thanksgiving, Ross and I were able to hook up with fellow Ashcanner Jonathan Lopes for lunch in Manhattan: (URL) and Jonathan pictured>> (Yo Yrizarry, any relation?;-) We had a great time visiting (...) (18 years ago, 27-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Thanksgiving Teaser

(...) [...] (...) Gee, I don't know... it looks a little toyish... But then again, since it's a model of a toy made out of toys, that was probably the goal :) Serious, I think that trolley car is the only reason I used to watch that show. Very (...) (18 years ago, 21-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc)

  Thanksgiving Teaser

Since we'll be away all week for the holiday, I thought I'd post a teaser pic of a collaboration MOC of Ross and mine: (URL) wide Mister Rogers Trolley>> Here are a few quick bullet points: It's 12 wide:-d It uses Big Ben wheels It uses an RCX brick (...) (18 years ago, 21-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact