 Trains / Train Organizations / TCLTC / 84
83  |  85
Subject:
LaCrosse Train Show Wrap-up (Late!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.tcltc
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2007 17:20:25 GMT

Wow-

It’s been 2 months since our last show, and things have been so crazy that I never did a write up about it:-/ Now, let’s see if I can remember back that far!

Well, from our standpoint, the show went very smoothly. The layout was our largest to date, measuring 12.5’ x 17’. We were place right in front of the entrance, which might seem like a good gig, but I mean we were right in front of those doors. Too close, for my taste.

We had a lot of great folks stopping by, and it was overall a great show. I didn’t get to connect with any G scalers, and that was a bummer. I’m really starting to think about 12 widing:-)

Mechanically, things could have been better. The 12 wide Trolley didn’t perform as well as we had hoped, and essentially became a standing MOC for the show. But other than that, the expanded Thomas section with 3 lines worked great. And we are still searching for a good, smoking building solution....

Ross and I talked a lot about the next expansion, and it appears that we will demolish the original four 30” x 45” subway modules and expand them into ten 30”x 30”. Hubba. That will keep us busy until the LaCrosse show next year!

Other News

This will be the config we will be taking to Detroit in July, although we will leave our buildings behind in order to feature the fabulous work of Jonathan Lopes, who will be bringing buildings he built just for this show! That is going to kick! The whole show is going to kick, and we can’t wait. But even before that, we have a little gig called BrickWorld:-)

We are scaling back a bit for BrickWorld, because I’ve decided not to take the trailer. We will be featuring a downsized version of our layout, measuring 11’ x 12’, BUT we will be adding a new twist-- tables set on the highest level. That should be interesting.

Work has been killing me this Spring, so not much is going on in the way of building, although I was able to build an 18 wide Trolley:-) No time to take pics, or put on the finishing details. Its debut will prolly be in Detroit.

Further updates might be few.

JOHN