 Trains / 29362
Re: You Suck - was ...Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 20:20:52 GMT

At 03:54 PM 8/2/07, Scott Lyttle wrote:

It's a fun, crazy time. The atmosphere is full of energy, and • it's just cool!
And the people who are there besides what's become the 'gang' - me, Scott,
Bryan Bonahoom, Steve Hassenplug, and now Tommy Armstrong - are • really great!
And I won't even go into who comes in from the LEGO Group:-)

Joe

Well, FLL 2005 was when I got to finally meet Kjeld, and a whole host of TLG
folks.. Soren Lund, Jorgen Vig, Paal Smith-Myer, Tormod, of course, Steve Witt
comes with many new products for us to build and display, and my supervisor
about 3-4 levels up in TLG came and found me during FLL 2006 to say
hello to me.
Just walking into the Georgia Dome, you can feel the energy in the air.  It's
definitely an experience!  DixieLUG, NGLTC, GFLTC/GFLUG, and even Toronto RTL
folks have come down and been part of a AFOL display in the lobby during 2005
and 2006.  Nothing but a fun time...

I must say it's a very fun event, but two of the highlights of my
2006 event were when I was walking around Kjeld STOPPED ME to say
hello.  Then, a short time later, Tormod did the same.

And, while LafLRC hasn't been a part of the AFOL display (yet), we
have had demo robots in the LEGO booth.

Much fun.
Steve