 Trains / 29361
Re: You Suck - was ...Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: it went to 11!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 19:54:03 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Joe Meno wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Scott Lyttle wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Scott Lyttle wrote:

   John,

Ross came to Atlanta for FIRST finals...where Joe Meno, Tommy Armstrong, and myself were there..and you didn’t tell us??

Doood! I had no idea:-( Well, hopefully they will make it to the finals again this upcoming year! Then I’ll know to say something. Heck, I’ll even tag along as a chaperone:-)

JOHN

John, you should have been there in 2005, when we had an on-site LEGO store at FLL!! That was crazy...I won’t tell you how we did in sales, but I think it made TLG look at the potential of one-shot on-site stores.

If you tag along as a chaperone for FLL/FIRST in Atlanta, you’re welcome to crash at my place..even though it’s a good 40-50 minutes to the Georgia Dome...with good traffic. You might have to live with Joe Meno hanging around the house that weekend..but he just shows up to sleep then... ;)

Scott

It’s a fun, crazy time. The atmosphere is full of energy, and it’s just cool! And the people who are there besides what’s become the ‘gang’ - me, Scott, Bryan Bonahoom, Steve Hassenplug, and now Tommy Armstrong - are really great! And I won’t even go into who comes in from the LEGO Group:-)

Joe

Well, FLL 2005 was when I got to finally meet Kjeld, and a whole host of TLG folks.. Soren Lund, Jorgen Vig, Paal Smith-Myer, Tormod, of course, Steve Witt comes with many new products for us to build and display, and my supervisor about 3-4 levels up in TLG came and found me during FLL 2006 to say hello to me. Just walking into the Georgia Dome, you can feel the energy in the air. It’s definitely an experience! DixieLUG, NGLTC, GFLTC/GFLUG, and even Toronto RTL folks have come down and been part of a AFOL display in the lobby during 2005 and 2006. Nothing but a fun time...

Scott