 Trains / 29378
Re: ILTCO National Convention 2007: I'm steamed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2007 03:39:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Anthony Sava wrote:
   Thanks for the NMRA Steam Roster, Benn! It’s really nice to have it all at one glance. Makes one wish there was some sort of LEGO Steam Engine link list somewhere (is there?)... but I don’t wish there was one because then someone would suggest I make it and I’m just not willing. :)

There were a few more steam engines than I had mentally counted... but still they were outnumbered... a true shame. But they made a fine showing! Had I thought about it sooner I would have tried to find someone to whom I could have mailed a few steam engines for the display. Maybe next year I’ll look into that. Better yet... if things improve in my personal life, I may just be able to attend a Brickworld or an NMRA (or both!).

My ten-wheeler with a Sava/BBB inspired pilot (more to come on this locomotive)

Wow... I’ve been straining my eyes to get a better look at this one and I had a hand in its’ inspiration? And to think I was looking for inspiration from it... (I still plan to).

Well, after building my Hiawatha last year I threw in the steam engine towel for a while. The locomotive ran fine at home, but couldn’t take the bumpy track we have at shows and it dirtied the track like no tomorrow. Then I saw what you and Ben Fleskes came up with for splitting what should be the pilot truck. Well, that got me back in the steam game. I’ve just uploaded my detailed shots of the tenwheeler (they are off of my main brickshelf, under NP, Full Gallery). I’ll post to lugnet separately about the engine in a few days, but yes, it incorporates great ideas from you and several other people. It is a good runner.

   A Michigan Big Boy (Steve X?)

I’ve seen a lot of pictures of this one, I wish I could have seen it in person to watch it negotiate turns.

Here’s a shot of the Big Boy in a turn. It ran for many hours and pulling a real train. This locomotive is an engineering feat.

Ross’s Polar Express

I *HAVE* to attend an event where the Neals are in attendance so we can put our Polar Express together and have a BiPolar time. That is, of course, only after I am able to do the redesign I want to perform on my Polar Express passenger wagons.

Be sure to bring your lithium (grin).

Benn