 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3691
3690  |  3692
Subject:
Old MOC; New Twist: Pics and Video
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 07:33:49 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

When I first announced this MOC here, I promised better pics to come. Finally, here they are, with a twist:

Click for more pics

This also was Ross’ first time behind the camera, which explains the profusion of pics-- and this doesn’t include the scores which didn’t make the grade!

When we were in Philadelphia for the ILTCO train show this past July, Ross saw some locomotive display stands for sale that had rollers in them, which allowed the locomotives to run in place. He thought that this was pretty cool, and so he designed a base stand for his Berkshire/Polar Express loco (hence the twist:-) This allows a static display of the drivers spinning away in all of their glory:-)

Here is a short video of the action.

This stand also can hold Ross’ Hogwarts Express; pics and vid of that action later.

At this time I must once again thank Ben Fleskes of Big Ben Bricks for creating the wonderful drivers used in this MOC. It’s not even worth the time to build a LEGO steam engine without using these IMO. I really believe that. So buy some of these beauties and support this great business!

On a side note, I’m really excited, because we have A LOT of cool projects nearing completion and some exciting news to boot, but in the meantime, this will have to suffice:-)

Enjoy!

JOHN