 Town / 9320
9319  |  9321
Subject:
Jonathan Lopes to display on TCLTC Layout for ILTCO Convention (was: Re: Manhattan's Engine 14)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 21:26:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   Hello,

I have completed yet another NYC firehouse.

This one from 17th street in Manhattan. I had walked by this firehouse many times and always thought it had way to much detail to be recreated in Lego. I guess it would help if I had a picture of the real one, but I seem to have deleted them.

John and Ross Neal and I walked by this firehouse when they were in town over Thanksgiving. It was then that they told me of an exciting collaborative idea they had (and, it happened to be something I was thinking about myself to a degree, coincidentely).... John, care to elaborate?

Sure, but first, great work! The BBB wheels nail that arch design nicely! And here is a pic of you and Ross so graciously posing in front of it (they both protested greatly after I kept taking pics of them together:-)

Well, for years I have admired Jonathan work, and it was a real treat when he came up and introduced himself to me at the Philly show last July. After seeing him there, having brought a few MOCs that he was literally only able to tuck into his pocket, I thought how nice it would be to see his buildings at a show. And then I thought: why not see if he’d be willing to show them on the TCLTC layout in Detroit next July?

We happened to be visiting relatives over Thanksgiving in NYC and I decided to meet Jonathan there and pitch the idea to him, and he went for it:-) Soooo-

The TCLTC is proud to announce that Jonathan Lopes will be providing virtually all (save one) of the buildings to be displayed on our Thomas section.

Yes, even our Spamcake Diner® will make room for Al’s Diner:-) The only building we are bringing on that stretch will be our Chateau, which faces our fountain module.

We are very excited about this collaboration with Jonathan and have been building like crazy this Christmas vacation-- we are in the process of completely rebuilding our Thomas section to make it even better than before. And now with Jonathan’s buildings, the TCLTC layout is going to be KILLER:-)

I can’t wait to see which buildings Jonathan decides to bring/build for the show (I hope he doesn’t decide to use this plot on Faile St.;-) But what can I say-- the dude’s an Ashcanner, so who knows! :-)

JOHN