 Town / 9319
Re: Evolution of garbage (truck)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 20:53:27 GMT

In lugnet.town, Timothy Gould wrote:
In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
Hello,

Over the long holiday I decided to revisit my garbage truck and use the newish
large wheels on it.  I thought it might be fun to look at how my garbage truck
has evolved over the years.

Version one, from (appx) 2000 or 2001

Version two, from early 2006

Current, late 2006 version:

Hi Jonatahn,

Nice design study. It's always fun to watch iterations of a model. I dig the
latest one although worry a bit for the safety of its passengers (presumably
prototypical).

Yes, it is quite fun to see personal growth as builder.  I am glad I never
deleted my older brickshelf galleries.

With regards to the prototype trucks.  They have sliding doors and steering
wheels on each side of the cabs.  Most of the time I see the drivers operate
with the doors open with a rather large seatbelt.  For some reason, I think I
have seen them with a sort of cord or chain across the doorway when the doors
are open as well.  I could very well be confusing that with something else
though.

One aspect of it bugs me. The 1x6 tile beneath the windscreen indents by half a
plate from the windscreen which is very odd. I'd prefer to see either the whole
face moved half a plate forward or a plate put under that tile.

I kind of liked this overhang.  I thought it gave it a more intimidating look.
Not that I planned it or anything.   I'll throw an additional plate on there to see how it looks just the same.
Thanks for the idea!

Also, this cab was inspired quite a bit by your NYPD ESU truck cab.

Other than that little nit this is excellent work.

Tim

Thanks as always, Tim.

Happy Holidays!

Jonathan