 Trains / Train Organizations / TCLTC / 36
Subject:
Manhattan's Engine 14
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 17:37:16 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello,

I have completed yet another NYC firehouse.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=224648>

This one from 17th street in Manhattan.  I had walked by this firehouse many
times and always thought it had way to much detail to be recreated in Lego.  I
guess it would help if I had a picture of the real one, but I seem to have
deleted them.

John and Ross Neal and I walked by this firehouse when they were in town over
Thanksgiving.  It was then that they told me of an exciting collaborative idea
they had (and, it happened to be something I was thinking about myself to a
degree, coincidentely).... John, care to elaborate?

Back to the building:

If you look just below the arches, above the windows, you can see Big Ben
Wheels.  I just love how they look and hope to use them in future moc's. (I
actually have used them already . . . more to come soon on that)

This building is intended as a backdrop type building for use on a layout.  It
is built hopefully solid enough to take with others on a plane without them
getting destroyed.

Comments are always appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Jonathan