 Town / 9350
Re: Manhattan's Engine 14
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 22:06:56 GMT

     As usual, great work from mr. Lopes.  For the rest of us NYC nerds, this
firehouse is actually on 18th street, 1 block north and a hundred odd feet west
of union square.  A good photo of the actual firehouse is here:

http://nyfd.com/manhattan_engines/engine_14.html

The funny thing is that I've passed this firehouse a million times and never
noticed just how distinguished its facade is compared against the rest of the
buildings on that block.  I even work on this exact block and never noticed
it!!!  I'll be sure to stop and check it out the next time I'm at my other job.
'Nuff respect Jon.
-Damien