 Town / 9349
Re: My new buildings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:53:41 GMT

In lugnet.town, Ludo Soete wrote:
   In lugnet.build.arch, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   In lugnet.build.arch, Ludo Soete wrote:
   SNIP

   Hi Ludo,

I just love the footprint shape of the city hall building. Also, the light grey arches inside the white arches on the dormar(?) on the roof is great! I did not know that they could work in that manner.

The brown house looks great as well. The only thing I might have done differently would be the red windows and roof. I know there are limitations to available parts for those two areas, though. I really like the wrough iron fence.

Excellent and inspiring work!

I look forward to the station.

Best,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I know that i should use black window frames instead of red ones, but at the time of building, one year ago, they wheren’t available in black. I think they are now, so it’s possible that i change them when i get some black window frames. What’s your idea for the roof? Different color? Did you notice the 6 white square window frames,instead of 8 on the first floor? I stacked two window frames 1x4x3 and hide the upper two white windows behind the brown wall (arch 1x6x1).I used the same technique for the windows in the roof of the city hall. see: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ludo-soete/Buildings/SchepenhuisHarelbeke/stadhuis_harelbeke_12.jpg

Hi Ludo,

My apologies for the late reply, I am offline on the weekends . . .

I did notice the stacked/hidden windows you mention. They look really good. I was thinking maybe windows made like those here might be nice in dark bley: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2219554 on the brown building. Also, WRT the roof, I was thinking dark orange might lend a little more realism than the bright red.

Again, though, excellent overall design and construction. Absolutely fabulous.

Best,

Jonathan