 Trains / 12733
Re: what is the use of a caboose?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 21:27:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
But not outside the USA where we don't have them.

We do have Guard's Vans though.
Similar function, but usually a different design.

Seen from my European viewpoint, I've come up with the following solution to
run this set in a modern European setting. Simply lower the elevated roof
section to about a 1 brick heigth difference (use the windows elswhere), so
that bump looks more like a airconditioning or ventilation device. Then it
would make a great canteen- and tools-wagon for railroad maintenance
trains, for instance accompanying set #4552 - Cargo Crane.
see http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4552

I realy like the original set, the design of the lower part is quite elegant
right up until the roofline, and after the roof adaptation its length,
colour and number of axels is just perfect for an european style maintenance
waggon.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.