 Trains / 12734
Re: Speed regulator question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 22:34:43 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GHAz1D.IK3@lugnet.com...
I have inserted words that make your statement correct. Without them, I feel
it is false.

In lugnet.trains, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

But you dont think it would be free do you if it was included in the box?
The price of the 4558 would just increase by

some non zero amount that is nevertheless less than the actual price of...

the 4548.

Well, the last time I can find prices when they had the 4560 (turbo train without regulator), 4561 (turbo with
regulator) and the 4548 regulator on sale at about the same time in the UK, the prices were
4560 - £79.99
4548 - £29.99
4561 - £109

So the price of the set including the regulator was actually 2p more expensive.
So bang goes your theory

So I still dont understand why you think this is a pain.

Anything that requires some additional cost or effort may well be percieved
as a pain to someone. I'm sensing that there is some set of things you think
are easy and that you think everyone else ought to see that same exact set
as easy as well. Different people find different things tedious,
unfortunately, so if that's your view, it may not be completely correct.

The guy said that not having the transformer in the box was a pain.
I mearly asked how much of a pain was it to ask for 2 items instead of 1.

regards
lawrence