 Trains / 12615
Re: what is the use of a caboose?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:02:05 GMT

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3B5EC557.6488@mindspring.com...
Lawrence Wilkes wrote:

[ ... snipped ... ]

And trolley buses still operate in Boston (I'm curious, is there any
city which has a greater variety of mass transit systems? About the only
thing Boston doesn't have is a monorail [though they also don't have
Chicago style interurban, though the Budliners were close, also no
hydrofoil, and no high speed electric rail, no bullet train, and
traditional trolleys are no longer operated]).

Philadelphia probably has the same variety of transit options that Boston
has.  They still have those goofy electric SEPTA busses to the best of my
knowledge.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders