 Trains / 12618
Re: what is the use of a caboose?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:00:31 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:

And trolley buses still operate in Boston (I'm curious, is there any
city which has a greater variety of mass transit systems? About the only
thing Boston doesn't have is a monorail.

Sydney has (in rough order of actual usefulness):
conventional bus,
heavy rail (suburban and interurban trains),
ferries (various conventional and catamarans),
light rail (trams recently re-established on the outskirts of the CBD),
and a monorail. The latter two are pretty much for tourists and advertising.
What are we missing out on?

--DaveL