 Trains / 12811
Re: Flywheels in LU (was Re: what is the use of a caboose?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 05:36:41 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

Why flywheels? Why not just put the power back into the mains? • (regenerative
braking) US electric locos do this, I believe...

It's very common in the rapid transit / metro industry. I'm not aware of any
full-scale trains (ie, any systems other than rt or metro) doing this.

    Iain